Poetry How-To Articles
I believe that we can all benefit from sharing our knowledge with each other. Following are a small collection of articles. I hope that you find them helpful and welcome any feedback you may have. Enjoy!
- Writing & Emotion: How to Show What You Feel (Word, 53kb)
- Formatting Your Poetry Submission For Publication (PDF, 16kb)
- Creating A Poetry Chapbook (PDF, 16kb)
- Marketing Your Poetry Chapbook (Word, 41kb)
Folks have asked me how I track my submissions. Being a technogeek, I developed an Access database that I use to also generate reports to help me stay motivated to meet my monthly quota. At your request, below are links to an empty version. Hope it is helpful!
- Submission Tracker Database (2002-2003 Access, 675kb)
Here are some other resources that I have found helpful…
- Creating a Facebook Page to Promote Your Book, 6 Easy Steps by Kelly Schuknecht
- Book Marketing Tips – A regular blog with creative ideas for marketing your book
- Atlanta Review: The best! The new 10th anniversary edition is not to be missed.
- Earth’s Daughters
- So To Speak
- Crab Creek Review